Secondary Valentine's Day Lesson Plan:
"Hear John Cooper Clarke recite "I Wanna Be Yours", the iconic poem which was recently adapted into a remarkable song by Arctic Monkeys" (copied from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYMsn8B-cKs):
Secondary Lesson Plan:
Individually/small/whole group, read the song's lyrics at Song Lyrics.
1. What is the mood and tone of the song?
Need help with mood vs. tone? Use:
2. What is the subject and theme of the song?
3. Analyze each stanza and find the main idea.
4. What figurative language is found within the stanza?
Need help with figurative language? Use:
4. Divide into groups of two or individually, choose one stanza to illustrate. Use symbols and images to represent meanings. Be sure to include the lyrics of the stanza within the drawing. Be creative and colorful! Find groups who illustrated other stanzas. Finally, display the drawings in order for viewers to read the lyrics.
Help practice vocabulary and categorization with Valentine's Day Mad Libs:
Pre-K-1 practice with basic skills and coordination:
Pick up more fun, active learning Valentine's Day activities at Educator Helper TpT storefront!
Be sure to check next Sunday's blog for more Valentine's Day FREEBIES!